Bed Buddy Reporting On: Millgrove Majesty Series Madras
Our research includes a 100 consecutive sleep test, so we can say, ‘YUP, this is what we found, because we really slept on it!’
All the details
|SLEEP TRIAL||90 NIGHT|
|DURABILITY||5 – Owners report that Royal Stewart performs equally well after long-term use of over 5 years, the company also provide mattresses for hotel business and has to meet the strict demands of the industry. Scored far higher than the next best conventional mattress in structural integrity in our stress testing.|
|Motion Isolation||5 – The Royal Stewart mattress absorbs and isolates motion to a significant extent, according to owners.|
|Conforming||3 – The Royal Stewart offers comfortable conforming and targeted pressure relief.|
|Sex||2 – Our testing indicates that The Royal Stewart isn’t particularly responsive or bouncy given its function so is just ok for sex which is on par with most non-spring mattresses.|
|Temperature Neutrality||5 – Millgrove mattresses absorbs and redistribute body heat very well and sleep very cool with the pure silk cover.|
|Off-gassing||5 – Millgrove owners reported a new mattress smell like any other, no chemical off-gassing.|
|Edge Support||5 – The Royal Stewart offers exceptional edge support and the perimeter is not likely to soften over time.|
|Noise||5 – Royal Stewart mattresses are virtually silent when bearing weight.|
|Light side sleeper under 130 LBS||3|
|Average side sleeper between 130 LBS – 230 LBS||5|
|Heavy side sleeper over 230 LBS||5|
|Light back sleeper under 130 LBS||3|
|Average back sleeper between 130 LBS – 230 LBS||5|
|Heavy back sleeper over 230 LBS||5|
|Light stomach sleeper under 130 LBS||3|
|Average stomach sleeper between 130 LBS – 230 LBS||4|
|Heavy stomach sleeper over 230 LBS||4|
|Firmness Rating||10 (Firm)|
|Support Core Components||9″ Triple Dense Progressive Compressive Latex|
|Comfort Layer Components||Quilted Silk Layer|
|Cover Components||100% Pure Silk|
|Twin||39W” x 75L” x 9″|
|Twin Extra Long (XL)||39W” x 80L” x 9″|
|Full||54″W x 75L” x 9″|
|Queen||60W” x 80L” x 9″|
|King||76W” x 80L” x 9″|
|California King||72W” x 84L” x 9″|
|Twin Extra Long (XL)||$4,549|
|Sleep trial||90 Nights|
|Warranty||27-Year Non-prorated Warranty|
|Delivery||Millgrove mattresses are not compressed or vacuum-sealed for shipping.|
|Availability||Millgrove ships free to anywhere in the U.S.|
|White Glove Delivery||Free White glove is available with every Millgrove|
|Old Mattress Removal||Old mattress removal is offered with Free White Glove delivery for some locations|
|Customer Service||8 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Millgrove, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.|
|Company History||Millgrove officially made their products available to retail in 2014, prior to that it was only available for industry use.|
|Physical Stores||Millgrove operates out of New York. Exact manufacturing locations unknown.|
|Phone||Hello@MillGroveBedMakers.com, contact form or industry catalogs only.|
Bed Buddy Report | Verdict |
- Unlike conventional mattresses, the Millgrove Majesty Series Royal Stewart is an accessibility mattress made specifically for back pain. An excellent option for those with intermittent to chronic backpain, and heavier sleepers
- Accessibility mattress for spinal alignment and eliminates back pain
- Triple dense material, won’t crater or dip over time.
- Hand made quality. Mattress will last a very long time
- Excellent cooling with quilted silk cover
- Free delivery and in home setup
- Money back guarantee and 30 years of warranty that is offered by very few manufacturers
- Financing options better than industry standard – lower interest rates
- Dense material at 10”, not overly thick
- It weights 3 times as much as a normal bed and is very difficult to move (2-3 movers)
- Above-average price-point
- May take longer to deliver since each one is hand made
Bed Buddy Report | Findings |
One of the most well-known back pain accessibility mattresses manufacturers that have been directly supplying hotels and resorts beds for their accessibility rooms. Not well known in mainstream conventional retail, but most popular in the accessibility mattress industry. Millgrove uses high quality materials in their mattresses, but have no retail marketing exposure so you’ll only find them if you know someone in the hospitality or health care industry. The Millgrove Majesty Series is their retail collection and offers four triple dense natural latex mattresses, all for eliminating back pain. This report is on the Royal Stewart model.
- The Royal Stewart is completely hand made with techniques that involve hand stitching and quilting instead of glues and adhesives. Very high quality materials are used, probably to pass the strict scrutiny of the hotel industry that they cater to. The support core is one uniform piece instead of layers glued together so it will not separate and dip. Most beds are made of stacked material with various firmness to give you the soft comfort layer and firm support layer. Millgrove achieves this with progressive compression latex, which means the firmness will increase with increasing pressure. This latex is triple dense, so the amount of latex in a 9” Millgrove is equivalent to a 27” regular latex, the downside is this mattress is very heavy. The whole bed is covered in pure silk, which is excellent beyond anything else on the market.
Millgrove incorporates labor intensive manufacturing techniques and quality materials creating the Royal Stewart and the other models. They are constantly at work in custom building beds for back pain.
After collecting extensive buyer experience data on the Royal Stewart model from professionals who recommend this mattress to patients, I can confidently say customers with back pain swear by these beds and are very happy. My testing found that Millgrove models are exceptional in its backpain relief function and durability, this bed will not compromise in support. It is above the average cost of conventional mattresses, but if you talk to almost any Millgrove customer, you’ll hear nothing but rave reviews.
What Type of Sleeper Is Best Suited for Royal Stewart Mattress?
Based on my customer feedback, the Royal Stewart mattress received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions. Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
As you can see, the Royal Stewart is a great choice for side and back sleepers, especially larger folks (230 lbs and beyond). I’m weary of recommending the Royal Stewart to lighter shoppers no matter their sleep style, since the support maybe a little more than you need.
My testing found the progressive compressive support system works best for heavier and average weight back sleepers, but most light sleepers should look to a different Millgrove model for a softer comfort section, while still getting the incredible back pain relief.
My testing process found the Royal Stewart should be great for you if…
- You have intermittent to chronic backpain that is debilitating and need to be addressed.
- You have tried various mattresses that only exasperate the backpain.
- You sleep with a partner and want to limit the movement you feel on the bed.
- You are familiar with the slight temporary discomfort for long term pain relief like the feeling of a chiropractor straightening your back or a deep tissue massage therapist working out knots.
- The Royal Stewart has a significant supporting core that repositions your spine.